- Crowds call for justice in Minneapolis, Atlanta, Kentucky, New York and California
- White House temporarily locked down amid protests
- Demonstrators deface CNN headquarters
- Officer who knelt on Floyd charged with murder
- Get a fresh perspective on America – sign up to our First Thing newsletter
And what a night it’s been, and there’s more to come.
Portland’s mayor has called on protesters to refrain from violence:
Portland, this is NOT us. When you destroy our city, you are destroying our community. When you act in violence against each other, you are hurting all of us. How does this honor the legacy of George Floyd? Protest, speak truth, but don’t tear your city apart in the process.