- US reaches milestone according to Johns Hopkins figures
- President said he ‘would have to check’ dates of the warnings he received
- Cuomo: New York deaths are lowering ‘but not at a tremendous rate’
- Hillary Clinton expected to endorse Joe Biden today
- Live global updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
- Get a fresh perspective on America – sign up to our First Thing newsletter
Mike Pence’s office has dubiously argued the vice president does not need to wear a mask because he is regularly tested for coronavirus.
The vice president faced questions about his lack of mask usage earlier this month after a photo circulated of a mask-less Pence greeting Colorado governor Jared Polis, who was wearing a mask in the picture.
Vice President Mike Pence was criticized for ignoring mask guidelines when visiting the Mayo Clinic facilities in Minnesota today.
Footage of Pence’s visit showed the vice president not covering his face as he met with the clinic’s employees and at least one patient.
PENCE flouts Mayo Clinic policy that everyone on campus wear a mask, even as he meets with staff and a patient. pic.twitter.com/kfo64KQDhU
Mayo Clinic had informed @VP of the masking policy prior to his arrival today.