- President disputes warnings and says it is safe for Senate to return
- Is Trump about to fail the US on coronavirus testing?
- New York nursing home reports 98 deaths in ‘horrifying’ outbreak
- Live global updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
- Get a fresh perspective on America – sign up to our First Thing newsletter
Tara Reade, the former Senate staffer who alleges Joe Biden sexually assaulted her 27 years ago, has disputed today’s Associated Press story in which she was quoted as saying her original report against the Democrats’ presumptive presidential candidate did not accuse him of assault.
“This is false,” she said on Twitter, referencing the AP story pushing several hours earlier.
This is false. https://t.co/w4yXGI1DQm
As Florida’s leaders move to reopen beaches, restaurants and retail stores as part of the governor Ron DeSantis’s phase one, the state’s department of health confirmed 735 new cases of Covid-19 on Saturday morning, bringing the overall total of confirmed cases to more than 35,000. The Miami Herald reports:
Saturday’s daily total of 35,463 brings the number of newly confirmed cases back under 1,000, which had been a weeklong trend until Friday’s report topped out at 1,038.
There were also 50 new deaths announced, bringing the statewide death toll to 1,364 — a bump of four more than the health department had reported on Friday morning. Of those latest deaths, 18 were in South Florida.