- President makes vague claim numbers are ‘down almost everywhere’
- Cuomo on New York: ‘We’re on the other side of the mountain’
- Nursing homes account for ‘staggering’ share of US deaths, data show
- Texas begins to reopen after quarantine – but is it safe to do so?
- Coronavirus – latest global updates
- Get a fresh perspective on America – sign up to our First Thing newsletter
As a startling reminder of how quickly coronavirus ravages society once it arrives, here is a bald statistic.
Biden announced today that he was able to raise $60.5 million in April. For Democratic voters, is that an encouraging statistic, or a discouraging one?
Biden campaign + DNC announce raising $60.5 million in April, the first full month of quarantine where all the fundraising was done virtually.
In March, the campaign raised $46.7 million and DNC raised $32.5 million (and $18 million of that was from Bloomberg).
.@JoeBiden and @DNC say they raised a combined $60.5M in April. That’s down from the $80M they raised combined in March — even if you leave out the $18M @MikeBloomberg transferred. Not a bad # given the coronavirus economic meltdown, but latest evidence they won’t catch Trump $