- Officials: two died in California weeks before first reported death
- Trump: 60-day ban on immigrants seeking permanent status
- Lacking empathy, Trump weighs economic costs, not human ones
- Live global updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
- Support the Guardian’s independent journalism. Make a contribution
New York governor Andrew Cuomo is scheduled to deliver his daily briefing in about 15 minutes after meeting with Trump at the White House yesterday.
Cuomo said the president recognized in the meeting that the federal government had to be involved in procuring vital medical supplies to help states expand coronavirus testing.
The President and I also discussed much-needed funding for the states.
We immediately need federal funding to fill the hole COVID has put NYS in.
The White House team understood our need.
The House rules committee will meet at 5 pm ET today to discuss the measure that would temporarily allow members to vote by proxy.
The panel will gather in Room 1100 of the Longworth House office building to mark up the proposal, which has been endorsed by Democratic leadership.