- Warren spoke of her brother, Don Reed Herring, often on campaign trail
- Coronavirus could shut out droves of new US voters
- Georgia businesses wary of governor’s invitation to reopen
- Live global updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
- Support the Guardian’s independent journalism. Make a contribution
New York governor Andrew Cuomo will give his daily briefing on the state’s response to coronavirus in about five minutes.
Cuomo said at yesterday’s briefing that he would make an announcement today about the state’s nursing homes, which have been particularly hard hit by coronavirus.
Many of the House members present on Capitol Hill today are wearing masks in the chamber, although a few Republican members were seen not covering their faces.
House speaker Nancy Pelosi used a white bandana to cover her face but removed it while she was delivering her floor speech.
Pelosi is now speaking on the House floor. She’s wearing a bandana but it’s not covering her mouth and nose. pic.twitter.com/IbMBzLaNq4