Trump calls negative hydroxychloroquine study an ‘enemy statement’; WHO pass response investigation resolution; Global deaths pass 320,000. Follow the latest updates
- Brazil confirms record daily increase in deaths and cases
- World Bank chief warns 60m to fall into extreme poverty
- Trump says he’s taking hydroxychloroquine despite FDA warnings
- Australia coronavirus updates – live
- Coronavirus latest: at a glance
The United Arab Emirates flew its first publicly announced flight to Israel on Tuesday when Etihad Airways sent medical supplies to help the Palestinians cope with the coronavirus pandemic.
UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres said Wednesday that the developed world could learn lessons from the preventative measures taken by many African countries to stem the spread of the coronavirus.
“Covid-19 has made much slower progress [in Africa] than the predictions that were made at the beginning” of the crisis, Guterres said in an interview with RFL radio in France.